What NOT to Bring
- Short skirts, short shorts, revealing tops
- Bed bugs, lice and germs!
- Weapons of any kind, fireworks
- Tobacco, alcoholic beverages, drugs, non-prescription meds.
- Expensive electronic devices, iPods, cameras and jewelry
- Cell Phones!
What to Bring
- Twin size bedding (sheets, sleeping bag, pillow, etc)
- Towels, washcloths and ALL toiletries
- Sports clothes for outside activities
- Swimsuit & a cover-up
- Sunscreen, bug repellant, hat, flashlight, etc.
- Extra money for a camp shirt ($10) and canteen/camp store
Canaan Acres Christian Camp
8100 Block of Easthaven Street
Louisville, Ohio 44641
Emergency Contact During Camp Only: 330.608.6835 or 330.418.7646
River's Edge Campground
2429 Moore Saur Road
Morrow, Ohio 45152
Emergency Contact During Camp Only: 937.416.1134 or 440.610.9027
WHAT ARE THE DROP-OFF (REGISTRATION) AND PICK-UP TIMES?
All campers should arrive NO EARLIER than the stated registration time. Campers are not permitted to be on the campground prior to this time.
All campers should be picked up PROMPTLY on the last day of camp at the stated times below.
Parents/drivers are welcome to join the camp for the Closing Ceremony.
CANAAN ACRES - NORTHERN REGION CAMP
• Senior High Registration - Monday, June 18th @ 1:00-3:00PM / Pick-up - Friday, June 22nd @ 11:00AM
• Kids Camp Registration - Sunday, June 24th @ 4:00-5:00PM / Pick-up - Wednesday, June 27th @ 10:30AM
• Intermediate Registration - Wednesday, June 27th @ 11:00AM-12:30PM / Pick-up - Saturday, June 30th @ 10:30AM
*Closing Ceremony begins at 1 hour from pick-up time on last day of each camp
RIVER'S EDGE - SOUTHERN REGION CAMP
• Senior High Registration - Monday, June 11th @ 1:00-3:00PM / Pick-up - Friday, June 15th @ 10:00AM
• Junior High Camp Registration - Monday, June 18th @ 1:00-3:00PM / Pick-up - Friday, June 22nd @ 10:00AM
• Kids Alive Camp Registration - Monday, June 25th @ 1:00PM-3:00PM / Pick-up - Friday, June 29th @ 10:00AM
• Adventure Time Camp Registration - Monday, July 2nd @ 1:00-3:00pm / Pick-up - Thursday, July 5th @ 10:00AM
*Closing Ceremony begins at 9:30AM on last day of camp
WHAT ABOUT MEDICATION, ETC?
All campers will receive a brief medical screening when they arrive camp. All medications will be administered properly by the camp nurse. Prescriptions should be clearly labeled (send only the amount needed for camp). Any special needs should be noted with the nurse at registration.
Anyone can contract head lice and unknowingly bring it to camp. So be sure to have yourself checked before coming to camp. We cannot permit anyone to remain at camp with head lice or nits.
IS THERE A HEALTH SCREENING CHECK?
All campers will receive a brief medical screening when they arrive.
We have a NO TOLERANCE POLICY REGARDING HEAD LICE AND NITS. Each camper and staff member is checked by our nurse and staff during the registration process. If infected, the child will be returned to the care of responsibility of the person who brought them. They will not be permitted to join the camp UNLESS treated and there has been a 24 hour waiting period.
WHAT ABOUT CONDUCT AND DRESS?
Youth Camp maintains a high standard for conduct. Tobacco, alcohol, drugs other than prescription medicine, weapons, or fireworks of any kind are strictly prohibited. Play clothes are recommended for recreation. Nice casual clothes are recommended for the older camper in worship services. Since this is a Christian camp, we want to look like it and honor God with what we wear. No short shorts, short skirts, halter tops, tank tops, spaghetti straps or bikinis are acceptable. Failure to follow the dress code may result in dismissal from camp.
Parents, 'thank you' for not sending inappropriate clothing.
SHOULD I SEND SPENDING MONEY?
When possible, campers will want to bring spending money. Snacks and drinks are available at the Canteen, as well as the Camp Store has some fun items your camper may want to purchase. We recommend $5-$10 per day for snacks or incidentals at the Camp Store.
The official camp shirt is something most every camper will want to take home. They will be available for $15. Hoodies are available (adult sizes only) for $25.
WHAT IS THE CAMP BANK?
All money must be placed in the Camp Bank. The bank exists to provide a secure place for all cash brought to camp. All monies brought to camp will be placed in an account under the camper's name, and they will be given a punch card. "Money" may be withdrawn from the bank in $5 or $10 increments in the for of a Canteen Card.
*No cash will be accepted at the camp store or the camp store!
On the last day of camp, all remaining monies, including unused Canteen Cards, will be returned to the camper.
It is our desire to protect the camper from loss and theft by providing them a safe way to manage their money.
WHAT ABOUT PHONE CALLS AND VISITS?
Camp is only a few days. In case of an emergency call 937.416.1134 for our River's Edge Campground, or call 330.608.6835 for our Canaan Acres Campground. While we do NOT encourage cell phone usage during camp, as it is to be a time to unplug from the daily digital life, campers may bring their electronic devices. However, we are NOT RESPONSIBLE for lost or damaged cell phones or electronic devices.
Visitors must sign in upon arrival. Visitors are not permitted to stay overnight, but are welcome to attend worship services. However, all visitors must leave immediately following service. This is for the safety of our campers and to prevent any homesickness, especially for those little guys!
IS THERE A CAMP FOR 18 YEAR OLDS OR YOUNG ADULTS?
While 18 years olds are not permitted to attend youth camp, we have a great camp alternative for young adults, ages 18-30, called Encounter. The dates for this retreat are July 12-15, 2018 and takes place at our campground, River's Edge. Get more details at encounterone.com.